Lavender Orpington x EE

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by atm21, Apr 11, 2017.

1. atm21

atm21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2016
    I have a lavender Orpington rooster I might cross with some EEs. The hens are mostly barred black and white (father was barred rock, moms were EEs). Some have beards and ear muffs as well. Can anyone guess what they would look like? Will any show the lavender color if I hatched some?

2. atm21

atm21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

They all look just like this. Some don't have beards and a few aren't barred but have the rose combs. Most look just like her

3. Wishapup

Wishapup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Canada
    I'm not sure if you are still looking for an answer to this question, but you will not get Lavender chicks from this crossing.

However, you could get sexlinked EEs. You will probably get black pullets and I think single-barred roosters. Male chicks should hatch out with a light-colored head spot, if I am not mistaken.

Your chicks will be split to lavender, though---to get lavender Easter Eggers, just breed the resulting hens back to the Orpington.

4. atm21

atm21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2016

Yes I was still looking for an answer thank you! So even though she is an EE her barring should still create sex links?

The muff beards will split too correct? Since the mother has a beard and muff. Half will have muffs and half won't right?

5. Wishapup

Wishapup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Canada

That's right.
    And bearding is kind of incompletely dominant, so you could get some clean faced and some with smaller muffs too.

Have fun hatching!

Last edited: May 8, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by