Lavender Orpingtons Pullet what to price?

Kellarinajo

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2022
Hey yall! I breed Lavender Orpingtons and usually just sell the chicks at 1 to 2 weeks old. How ever I find myself with a couple of 6 week Pullets and a interested buyer. I have no idea what to charge. I don't want to short change myself like I usually do but, I want to be fair. What is the going rate in your area for a pair of 6 week old Lavender Orpintons?

Are they pullets or a hen and roo? What do you charge for the younger ones? Are there many breeders in your area?

They are both defiantly hens. I charge $6 for chicks. Not many breeders in my area.
That sounds underpriced to me but I guess it depends on prices in your area. The cheapest I could get a chick here would be 6(euro here)
But for a sexed lavender chick I would be expecting to pay at least 15/20.

If they are for sure pullets I would sell them for at least $15-$20. Hatcheries this year I have seen anywhere from $10-$27 for day old lavender Orpington pullets.

That sounds underpriced to me but I guess it depends on prices in your area. The cheapest I could get a chick here would be 6(euro here)
But for a sexed lavender chick I would be expecting to pay at least 15/20.
Well I'm in Alabama. I had folks complain when my prices where cheaper believe it or not. lol

Back
Top Bottom