Lavender Pekin with swollen face

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mel B, Jan 23, 2014.

  1. Mel B

    Mel B New Egg

    Jan 23, 2014
    Lyndhurst, New Forest
    Hi, after reading many discussions on here I have diagnosed my Bantam to have the swollen sinus disease mycoplasma (I think) and in many discussions people are saying that you can get Tylan from animal stores.
    Can someone tell me exactly where from in the UK, as everywhere I look it's not listed and the few internet places that do it require a prescription?
  2. Eggcessive

    Eggcessive Flock Master Premium Member

    Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. In the UK you may have to get antibiotics from a vet. Antibibiotics such as tylosin, erythromycin, and tetracylines will treat mycoplasma. If you notice a bad odor from the chicken, it could be coryza, which may respond to sulfa drugs. Outside of the US it is more difficult to get antibiotics in feed stores. Maybe another UK reader can advise you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by