Lavender/porcelain eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ultasol, Jan 28, 2011.

1. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    DO NOT HIT BUY IT NOW
    I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this, as I didn't want to sell eggs, but I'd rather sell them than eat them. One of my incubators broke down and the part still isn't here. It's 8 pm here without any sign of the UPS truck.... so I've decided to list one auction and see how it goes (not regarding price, regarding how much of a pain it turn out to be).

This auction is for at least 8 lavender/porcelain eggs, as well as bonuses from my other pens (depending on what is laid over the next few days and what I can fit in my incubator- no whites available). These are from the same pens I raise the birds I keep and show from. If you look at my BYC page it includes a list of my wins from the fall shows (incomplete, as I also had BB and RB silkie and a few BV at the Chehalis show in Dec).
    anyhow, the auction can be found here http://www.bidbirdauctions.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=980837326

This
    is likely to be a one-time only deal.

I listed it at bidbird because I know they call to verify bidders and, since I don't want to toss the eggs and have no room in the incubator I don't have time for deadbeat bidders. Also, this way people I notified from the ASBC can have a chance to bid as well.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    are you selling at both places 2 different sets of eggs or is this the same batch you have for sale on bidbird?

3. ultasol

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Same batch, although if someone wants to pay this amount for 8+ eggs they are laying so well I could probably accommodate them. Of course, the hens who were broken broodies started back up this weekend so now I've got lav/porcelain pen eggs coming out of my ears.

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I'm watching the auction very closely. unfortunately I'm not good at hatching shipped eggs. my own eggs no problem [​IMG]

5. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    call me dumb but lavender/porcelain what?

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:silkies

7. adkins90

adkins90 Truly Obsessed...

Jan 30, 2007
    Huntington, WV
    I listed it at bidbird because I know they call to verify bidders and, since I don't want to toss the eggs and have no room in the incubator I don't have time for deadbeat bidders. Also, this way people I notified from the ASBC can have a chance to bid as well.

I recently registered with BidBird, and have bid and bought birds, and nobody has called me. It is a great idea though, would keep out the deadbeat bidders.

Michelle​

8. ultasol

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Hm. He had been calling people. I now have over 14 lav/porcelain pen eggs in addition to eggs from other pens to send. Whoever wins this can expect at least 24 eggs.

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by