Lavender Silkie Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by reesepoultry, Aug 10, 2010.

1. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    I am looking to buy Lavender silkie hatching eggs. But, I don't want to pay an ridiculous price for them. As eggs are fragile when getting shipped. I would also be willing to purchase lavender chicks, started, or adults. They need to come from someone that is NPIP. I would like to get new bloodlines.

Thanks,
    Michelle

2. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Do you have any of yours for sale? I need a lavenders for my next pen. There are only a few colors I want to keep due to space. Lavenders are the only other one I need. And I am with you on the shipping part. I think they send them through x ray a few times when they know whats in them. I've had entire orders not hatch, and have had yolk running out of the box when they arrived. One took 2 weeks to get to me. So I understand why you don't want to pay a rediculous price for the eggs, as well as I don't.

3. reesepoultry

Jul 4, 2009
    My lavenders aren't laying yet. I have a BBS pen that carry the lavender gene. I have a lavender pen but my roo is a light lavender and has a single comb. My lavender pullet isn't laying yet. I have lavender chicks that aren't of laying age yet. I am going to be selling the light lavender roo here soon. I am going to buy a lavender Rooster in a week I am to go pick him up. I have already put up some black hens to get ready to breed with him to get lavs and lav splits. But, no actual lav eggs yet.

4. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    That's too bad. I'm trying to get mine set up to be ready next year. I have a B/B/S , whites and partrige. Not many but a few. My black and partrige pullet I plan to show. I may try my split. Not sure yet on her. I have a rooster that was suppose to be a splash but he has gold flecks on his head and chest. So I don't know what color he would toss in the pot. I'm afraid to use him. He's fertile and a good roo as far as taking care of his girls. He's temparilary tending to my flock of standard hens. He takes his job very seriously too. [​IMG]

5. reesepoultry

Jul 4, 2009
    lol.... I have hatched out a lot of splash. I have them in my grow out pen right now. My splash in the picture is the father to the babies. I see what I believe to be some roos. Which I won't be keeping any splash roosters. I have my splash rooster. So if you are interested in a new splash roo let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by