Lavender Silkie Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Apr 27, 2011.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    For Sale a nice full lavender Silkie Rooster about 1.5 years old. F2 generation

This boy has a very nice small comb although his coloring is a little too red. He was one of my main lav breeders but i have now replaced him with one of his offspring. I have some of his sons for sale in other auctions so you can see with the right hen he will breed nice black combed offspring. I have gotten some spectacular lavenders from him and want him to find a good home where he can be a breeder [​IMG] Vaulted scull and big crest and beard too [​IMG] He hatched from my George M. and Bren lines.

he has a few scabs on his earlobes from a brief scuffle with another roo whom he is now best friends with lol

will ship express with new box for total of $55

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    UGH!!! Darn it all! I really REALLY need a lav roo, but i now with this bid the price will most likely go up and up and UP! AHHHH! I hate auctions! Beautiful roo, WISH I COULD HAVE HIM.

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:well if you want him bid, most people have their Roo's for the season now so I dont think he will go into a bidding war.

4. Colie <3

Colie <3 Collecting my Cuties

Feb 3, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Oh man he's a cutie! Someone I talked to was looking for a lav roo I'll send them this way [​IMG] He looks like a pretty small fellow from these pics is that true?

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I would say he was about average roo size not my biggest though. he is a nice weight [​IMG]

6. impala641

impala641 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2011
    las vegas
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] he is really nice susan is he the father of some of the chicks you sent they are turning out gorgeous thanks bryan [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Chkensnmore

Chkensnmore New Egg

Apr 30, 2011
    So pretty!!![​IMG]

8. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:yes he is [​IMG] actually your chicks are some of the last chicks I hatched from him. I am now just starting to breed some of his offspring. [​IMG]

he will get along with other roos btw as long as introduced first for a day or so between fence or chicken wire.

Thanks Chkensnmore my lavs are a big project for me but improving with each generation. It has been very slow work but a lot of fun. [​IMG]

9. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hmmm, suppose you might have a decent black hen of the same age to throw in to sweeten the deal? [​IMG]

Suz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by