Lavender Silkies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by FarmerBoy24, Jul 20, 2011.

1. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    How much will a SQ Lavender Silkie hen usually run for.

2. austincoopersilkiesies

austincoopersilkiesies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    All Depends On Breeder And The Stock The Girl Is From!

3. FarmerBoy24

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    Lets say she is just a really [​IMG] really great bird. Good breeder and Good stock.

4. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    $30-$80 Or More From What Ive Seen.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  5. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    No less than $75 I would think but can depend on the breeder and quality. I have seen good show quality hens go for over $200 easy. Good luck with your new hen!

6. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    It Just Depends On The Breeder.

7. FarmerBoy24

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    Quote:Thanks but I don't have a hen. lol i'm just going to breed the,. I was going to buy a hen but she was 200 dollars [​IMG] I just wanted to know if it wasn't a rip off. Thanks

8. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Quote:Thanks but I don't have a hen. lol i'm just going to breed the,. I was going to buy a hen but she was 200 dollars [​IMG] I just wanted to know if it wasn't a rip off. Thanks

It might have been, then again it might not have been. You need to know the breeder first. Know their rep, know if they support ASBC, know if they know what they are doing. More people have been fooled purchasing what were supposed to self-blue (lavender) birds and ended up with washed out splash or light blues.

9. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Depends on how you define SQ. Some people say SQ to mean any bird without a DQ. If the bird is a high quality bird with a minor flaw, like toe spacing,$40-$75 would be about right. For a truly competitive bird, well,.. if you can get a really competitive adult female you are looking upwards of that.

Juveniles would be less, but they are not finished and you don't know how they will truly finish out. I am taking a guess. I haven't sold any of my lavender females that I liked yet.

10. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    wanted to show have my girl!! Lavender pullet! She's turning out really nice!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by