1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lavender Split Sex-link??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by adubsroit, Jan 31, 2011.

1. adubsroit

adubsroit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    The below chick is just a few days old, mother is a Delaware (thought to carry silver?) and father a Lavender Orpington (which due to a straw coloration on his saddle I assume carries gold). Is there a chance then that this chick is a sex-link?? It is entirely black but as you can see in the picture has red around its beak/head/"chin."

[​IMG]

Ideas??

2. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes she is a black sexlink because her mother is a barred columbian and her father is a solid color(not barred), the males from this cross should be black with a white spot on the head. And yes they are carrying one copy of lavender.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  3. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yep. [​IMG]

4. adubsroit

adubsroit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Nice, [​IMG]. She is my first mutt but I'm glad that she is at least a SHE for sure. For the time being I have been calling her a Dorpington/Dorp [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by