Law loophole? hehehe

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by beakkeeper, Aug 26, 2008.

1. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    So I live in the metro and REALLY REALLY want chickens...our ordinances say that you have to get permission from 75% of neighbors within 150 ft. So, we'd have to ask our [somewhat already wary of our naughty dogs and other odd animals] neighbors for their permission. not pretty... [​IMG]
    BUT I found an exception for that law:D
    --if the lot on which the chickens are kept is on a corner, no permission is needed from the neighbors across the street, only from the ppl next door. Now here's the really good part--WE ARE ON THE CORNER AND HAVE A DOUBLE LOT!!!! There is no house on the corner lot!!! We own it!!!! All the ppl we'd have to ask is OURSELVES!!!! YAY! However, if they complain, we could get our permit revoked... but STILL![​IMG]:yiipchick:yiipchick

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  2. pkeeler

pkeeler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Shamong
    Even a corner lot should have two neighboring lots. ? Or is the other neighboring lot a park or something?

3. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Or if you can find out if you have a commercal property before you buoght the place your alset on that . [​IMG]

4. stacym

stacym Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Kennard, Nebraska
    I live on a double lot and I still have a neighbor on one side of me. Are there no other houses next to you? If not it sounds like it would be o.k. to keep chickens. Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by