Law School Graduates Sue Law School

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bullitt, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Did anyone read about this?

Law school graduates are suing their law schools because they say the schools said there were more jobs practicing law than there actually are.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bunch-young-lawyers-suing-law-195616601.html

I think it is funny when lawyers start suing each other.

There are too many lawyers. Maybe they should have done something more productive with their lives.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL! Talk about Karma... :lol:

3. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, they could always take up chicken ranching. Maybe that would help get rid of some of these oppressive anti-chicken laws.

4. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL

Yes, Bullitt, there may, in fact, be too many lawyers. However, when something horrible happens to you or your family and you are at the mercy of the law and the court system I hope you are man enough to just accept it and not cry to one of those non-productive lawyers to attempt to save your hide. Lawyers are great targets for ridicule until you really need one...and don't worry, at sometime in your life you are going to need one.

5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    There are unlimited jobs available for lawyers. All a lawyer has to do is rent a garage and hang out his shingle. Viola! He owns his own law firm, and he is employed.

Anyone older than 12 with a drop of sense knows that those high paying jobs in the top law firms only go to the valedictorians from the most prestigious law schools.

6. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    They can always go into politics! Oh, that's right, they do.

7. Capvin

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    You certainly have that right!!! The lawsuit was brought by a few graduates of Brooklyn Law School, which is an OK school but not one of the top. Find me a graduate of Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, Chicago law schools who was not chased after by at least ten good law firms or governmental agencies begging them to work for them and I will point out to you a dead body.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I am glad we can agree.

9. un-named543

un-named543 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2012
    SE Minnesota
    The definition of a lawyer is someone you need to protect you against other lawyers.

10. Capvin

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL

I know this is really going to be hard for some to comprehend, but behind every lawyer there is someone just like you paying his bills at $350.00
    per hour. Lawyers do not just do it on their own.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by