Lawrence Welk!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LydsZoo, Jul 10, 2010.

1. LydsZoo

LydsZoo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    Lovers of the Lawrence Welk show, UNITE! [​IMG] or am I the only one that's seen an episode of Lawrence Welk more than once. on purpose.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    You may be unique, love. I'm afraid not many folks slow down enough to giggle at that show.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Oh, I've seen far too many thanks to my Mom.

4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, "on purpose" may be the key phrase. My mother watched it religiously, but thanks a lot, because now I have "...Adios, Au Revoir, Aufwiedersehn...." stuck in my head. Goodnight, goodnight..... wow.

5. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Lyd and her dad & sister sit around and watch it every Saturday. It cracks me up but it's lovely, too.

1/2 to make fun of the people, 1/2 out of pure appreciation...I'm mystified.

6. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Ahhhhh. Bobby and Sissy.

I used to spend the night with my grandparents on Friday nights. We watched Lawrence Welk, Sandford and Son, and Chico & the Man. We had popcorn and orange pop.
    Then it was time for bed.

[​IMG] Memories.

7. The best!! Ana one ana two......and it was time to dance around the living room with my pop! RIP daddy 22 years now! Miss him so, my best dancing partner ever!! Watched Lawrence Welk anytime it was on!! Had to learn to play the piano because of Joanne Castle and the Accordion because of Myron Floren...omgoodness, what memories!!

8. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Chico & the Man!!! Holy cow. We talk about Sanford & Son all the time (our yard is littered w/ chicken stuff and I always hum the theme song to make fun of it all the time) but I forgot about Chico & the Man! Showing my age...

9. LydsZoo

LydsZoo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    Quote:ah, dear mum... You are mistaken. It's 1/3 to make fun of the people, 1/3 out of appreciation, and 1/3 to discuss the extreme creepiness of the man playing the accordion. No offense to anyone that plays the accordion. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by