Laws for Dallas, Georgia


In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010

I was wondering what the laws are for chickens in Dallas, Ga? Crossroads area and Seven Hills. Paulding county. Any info would be appreciated.

Googled Animal Code, Dallas Georgia and that led me to the Paulding County GA site

and then under Departments, Animal Control....
a basic scroll through but I found this...

Sec. 14-11. Animal or fowl enclosures.
It shall be unlawful for any person to have, control or possess any pasture or enclosure
for livestock or fowl in any fashion not authorized by the zoning ordinances of the county. All
pastures or enclosures shall at all times be kept and maintained in a proper, clean and sanitary
(Res. No. 00-08, § 4-4(b), 3-28-2000)

This is the only mention I spotted that specifically says FOWL...

Sec. 14-15. Animal noises.
(a) Generally. An owner of an animal shall not permit such animal to make frequent or
continuous unnecessary noises or sounds across a residential or commercial boundary line.
(1) The owning, possessing or harboring of any animal which frequently, or for
continued duration, howls, barks, meows, squawks or makes other sounds which
annoy or disturb an ordinary reasonable person of normal sensitivities across a
residential or commercial boundary line shall be considered a nuisance and violation
of this ordinance. Provided however, for the purpose of this article, "barking animal"
shall mean an animal that barks, bays, cries, howls or makes any other noise
continuously and/or incessantly for a period of fifteen (15) consecutive minutes at
any time of the day or night; or barks intermittently for one-half (1/2) hour or more
to the disturbance of any person at any time of day or night, regardless of whether the
animal is physically situated in or upon private property; provided, however, that an
animal shall not be deemed a "barking animal" if, at the time the animal is barking or
making any other noise, a person is trespassing or threatening to trespass upon
property in or upon which the animal is situated.
(2) Any person disturbed by such noise from a barking animal may file a complaint
with the animal control department.

Seems like this one might apply to Roos... maybe?

Overall it seems that pastures (and thus livestock) are permitted... but the rules governing them are in ZONING, not Animal Code... which could mean that they're only allowed in Ag Zones... or not... have to go hunting... but this is what I've got for now...

Edit... my first step in hunting was typing in FOWL into the search bar on that site... brought up two possibles... one of which is the above document and specifically the NOISE section... so looks like maybe I was right on that bit at least...

The other was a copy of the minutes from a meeting... I can't find anything except a Joe FOWLer so I'm guessing that's a bust.

Might be simplest if you just called them up....

Paulding County Animal Control
779 Industrial Blvd N, Dallas, GA 30132
(770) 445-1511
Last edited:
I found all that info in my search the other day. Very confusing.

I did try calling but got no humans on the phone, just recordings asking me to leave a message. Yea right, never to be called back. I'll try again on Monday.

I thought there may be someone here from Dallas that could tell me. Anyway, thanks.
I've been looking for land to use as a farm in Paulding county. And the restriction are similar to other counties in GA. You can have farm animals on properties zoned single family residential. But it has to be over 2 acres and certain set back restrictions apply as well.
300 feet from the front and 200 feet from each side/back. 4.84 acres min. Plus noise ordinance. Issues for Roos.

They are after my chickens. I was given notice last Wed. Night for them to be gone this Monday.

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom