Layena vs Dumor

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by dichotomymom, Jan 3, 2010.

1. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    Trying Layena for the first time.......same price and same protein numbers. Any of you prefer layena to Dumor?

2. JayDe

JayDe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Lithia, FL
  3. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    I think that Purina mills the Dumor for Tractor Supply co. I have always used Dumor and had no trouble with it. Have done both crumbles and pellets. I am a rookie having started in May '09.

4. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    Hope you're enjoying the new endeavor:) I've always used dumor but thought I'd see if layena upped their production since the last couple winters have been a little sparse.

5. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    we have always used dumor (from chicks to layers) other than once when we bought a different kind of purina that wasn't layena and the outcome smelled horrible. I really hope TSC keeps dumor, though I think the Layena is going to replace it as their staple brand, or so I was told by an employee there.

6. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    My TSC doesn't carry the layer pellets only the crumbles.... I have been using Manna Pro Egg Maker pellets and have been very happy with them. I've used the Dumor chick starter and was really happy with it. It smells really good [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by