1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Layer boost??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by caeti21, Oct 7, 2015.

1. caeti21

caeti21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2015
    Florida
    Hi everyone

So i got three hens little over two weeks ago was told they were already laying , since we have gotten them we have not gotten any eggs , figured the stress of moving them from one place to a new home and flock stressed them some , our hens should be getting awfully close to laying too anyways i noticed that the one hens comb and wattles were a bit pale so today i went and got strike three wormer and seen this layer boost it had vitamins and electrolytes in it , so i got that as well with in an hour of giving them all wormers and puting the booster in their water her comb expecially is beginning to turn red and everything, i was just wondering if anyone else has used these products and if i continue to give it to them daily if or when they start laying are the eggs ok to eat, the package for the wormer just says withdraw 3 days before slaughter and the boost just says after 24 hours dump out and refresh with it so any information will be extremely helpful thanks

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    I just found this one, don't know if you found a solution but omega egg maker by manna pro is a great helper 5 lb to every 50 lb of feed.

3. caeti21

caeti21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2015
    Florida

Yea , but thank you mine are all laying great now but i did get a poultry booster with vitamins and such that mixes in like what your talking about , but the layer boost really did do wonders they all started laying two days after i used the layer boost so it was very exciting

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by