Layer Crumbles as Cat Litter!! WEIRD!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Jan 20, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    So while i was a searchin' the ol' internet for feed stores, i came across this weird site... Apparently this person uses layer crumbles as cheap cat litter... Has anyone here tried this? I must know more, lol.... [​IMG]

http://www.catsadored.com/NEAR_PERFECT_LITTER.htm

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    What a great set of ideas! Thanks for posting that, I will be trying it out! [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I bet it smells really gross...

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    "7. SMELLS GOOD and SOMEHOW KEEPS ODORS DOWN "

That's the claim- it's either true or a huge giggle for a scammer. I'll give it shot next time I need cat litter!

5. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    the site says it actually smells better.. apparently it naturally absorbs the odor and doesn't need to be changed as often...

6. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I haven't on purpose but saturday night I didn't know the kids shut the cat in the guest room. I have the baby chicks in a box and chick starter in a bucket in there since the bag is in the barn with most of the chickens. Next morning I go in and there is the cat, heart drops since box ins't covered with chicks. Thank goodness he didn't touch them even though he kills every mouse he catches and beats up the Chihuahua's when they go near him. Then I go to feed the chicks and sure enough he used the bucket of chick feed as a litter box, lol. So it does work not sure if I would do it on purpose.

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Really!

That sounds like a waste of good food. At 16 bucks a 50lb bag of regular feed, I don't know if I'd want my kitties using it as litter. Then I'd wonder how to compost it without attracting rats? Is cat litter really that expensive?

8. SilverM0on

SilverM0on Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Oregon
    he im gonna try that we got 3 cat
    may save a lot of money if it really work well

9. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    aparently, lol... I guess you could just throw it away, or at least that's what this person on the site does... One could feel better knowing it's biodegradable if they do throw it away.... i guess... It probably is esp. good for people who can get the feed for really cheap (like 12 bucks a bag)

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Toooo funny.

On a side note I saw them "recycling" cows on dirty jobs to make chicken food. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by