Layer feed WITHOUT soy??? Where???

briteday

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 16, 2008
Northern Nevada USA
Everything I see in our area contains lots of soy. I have been feeding Layena. And I looked at a bag of higher protein (20%) layer formula by another company...but it listed soy as the first ingredient.

Is there a layer brand out there that does not contain soy? Or do you have to mix your own?

I think most people end up mixing thier own if they don't want soy in their feed. I looked into this too but here in CA it is very hard to find any mills etc so when I calculated out how much it would cost to mix my own. It was too much - over $100 a month. Good luck. We just ended up buying organic layers feed.

Quote:
Wow, that's just what i need too! I don't like the idea of soy for my birds, i don't think they need the estrogen (among other things) and i have no idea if the eggs retain any of the hormones contained in soy, but if it's like any other chemical we put in our livestock i'm sure they do... and i'm not thrilled about feeding that to my young son.
old.gif

Quote:
That's why I'm willing to pay the price for soy-free organic feed (and shipping). I'll do what I can to keep my daughter from starting puberty before she's out of grade school. I just wish soy didn't appear in the ingredient list of virtually everything I buy at the store. Even Kellogg's Corn Flakes has a warning that the corn may contain soy.... ugh

Quote:
Wow, that's just what i need too! I don't like the idea of soy for my birds, i don't think they need the estrogen (among other things) and i have no idea if the eggs retain any of the hormones contained in soy, but if it's like any other chemical we put in our livestock i'm sure they do... and i'm not thrilled about feeding that to my young son.
old.gif

I dont want soy in my products either. Ive read the research and its not pretty. Soy is just not good for you.

I looked at those sites, they said if you combine shipping with someone else then its cheaper.

Might have to find someone interested in splitting an order, hint hint (LOL)

Quote:
That's why I'm willing to pay the price for soy-free organic feed (and shipping). I'll do what I can to keep my daughter from starting puberty before she's out of grade school. I just wish soy didn't appear in the ingredient list of virtually everything I buy at the store. Even Kellogg's Corn Flakes has a warning that the corn may contain soy.... ugh

I know how you feel. Turns out soy is really bad for people with Hashimotos disease like my sister, and it's in EVERYTHING! I would feel terrible if the eggs we got from out chickens weren't any better for her than the ones she buys in the store
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom