Layer feed

ahoppy

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2016
Spokane , WA.
Hi my pullets are 16 wks old and just starting to get active in wanting to start laying . I want to change there feed from starter to layer but I still have about 10 lbs. if starter feed. Is it ok to mix the remaining with the layer feed or best to just get rid of it?

Oh yeah still good, just mixed. One girl is in the box now having s heck of a time , guess it will take some time getting use to the noises these girls make as they are maturing. Lol

I think she just wants that egg out if her....
1f642.png

Hi my pullets are 16 wks old and just starting to get active in wanting to start laying . I want to change there feed from starter to layer but I still have about 10 lbs. if starter feed. Is it ok to mix the remaining with the layer feed or best to just get rid of it?

You can mix it with layer feed or you can continue to feed it, with oyster shell offered free choice.

oh they will do that! my hens try to trip me and tug on my pants if i don't bring them a treat! sometimes they will even try to tug my hair!

I have a little pullet in my replacement flock that does that very thing, my daughter named her Buzz when she was just a chick. This little girl comes up to me when I'm in the yard and grabs my pants leg....it's the weirdest thing. It's almost as if she likes being picked up and held....

Silly birds.

Back
Top Bottom