Layer Pellets with 20% protien? Full-O-Pep feed experiences?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Break an Egg, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I just went to the closest feedstore to me today since I was having some car trouble and I picked up a 50# bag of layer pellets called "20% egg maker" Is 20% protien too high?

Plus, if there is anyone in my area who can tell me the quality of Full-O-Pep poulty feed. I usually buy from a store that gets their food from Jupe Mills, which is maybe $1 more expensive, but in the feed from Jupe, I can really smell some kind of hay like alfalfa. In this feed from Full-o-Pep, it smells like the way corn would.

I also bought a 25# bag of BOSS and it smells funny like bacon or something. It doesn't smell bad but different than I thought it would. This is also a Full-o-Pep brand.

If anyone has any opinions of which brand is better or any experiences with either I would love to hear about it.

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    No one? [​IMG]

3. purecountrychicken

purecountrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Gray Court, SC
    20% protein is fine,,thats what I feed. Plus they need the higher protein in colder months to help stay warm. And I dont know about the other stuff you were asking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by