Layers 4 sale $8 IND/ILL SLW, Plymouth White Rocks, Cherry Eggers

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chic-n-farmer, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

$8 each [​IMG]

Silver Laced Wyandottes
    Plymouth White Rocks (Quad available)
    Cherry Eggers (These are production reds that took Grand Champion Pullet in our 4-H)

All are young birds 6-8 months old. They are laying well... we get more eggs than we can sell. I love being able to share the extra eggs..... but chicken feed doesn't cost chicken feed anymore! [​IMG]

I really need to reduce the size of my flock.
    I'm trying to raise the chickens my son needs for 4-H and I simply must get rid of the extra layers.

I also have some 3 month old pullets for sale: Black Australorps, RIR, NHR all purebred

and some BA X RIR crosses that are just stunning!

http://terrahaute.craigslist.org/grd/958081983.html

Edited
    to admit my ignorance: UGH!!!! I can't get my pictures posted! I know I have done it before (quite some time ago) and it CAN BE DONE, but I get a message about the wrong format. Anyway, I can't mess with it now (gotta go buy chicken feed) so if anyone wants pictures I am happy to email any of the 70 I just froze my fingers to take!! And by the way.... chickens are not very cooperative when it is 20 degrees! I'm listing my original Craigslist ad so y'all can see pictures!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    hmmm.... would you ship?

3. Chic-n-farmer

To where?

4. chickiepoo2

chickiepoo2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Cherry Eggers?? Are the eggs red? dumb question I'm sure [​IMG]
    Would you ship to south carolina??

5. Chic-n-farmer

Quote:They lay brown eggs, about like a RIR.

I've never shipped chickens before. I could consider it. I'm not sure if it would be feasible (cost of shipping boxes and shipping). That $8 bird may wind up costing you a pretty penny.

6. Trollkiller

Trollkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Lake Como, Fl. 32157

I've never shipped chickens before. I could consider it. I'm not sure if it would be feasible (cost of shipping boxes and shipping). That $8 bird may wind up costing you a pretty penny.

One of the hatcheries has ready to lay pullets they charge about $10 for the bird but $50 for shipping.

7. chickiepoo2

chickiepoo2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    Charleston, SC

Good Point!

8. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw somone on ebay who used something called uship.com no idea what it is or how it works.

9. Chic-n-farmer

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    uship.com is a place where you can post what you want shipped...even how much you are willing to pay. It may be a company or an individual that can bid on your "shipment".

We bought an old cast-iron clawfoot bathtub from Illionois and had someone bid on it from uship.com. They charged us $200 to bring it down to Florida. It was actually a bargain, considering gas prices at the time we had it shipped.

It doesn't cost anything to post your item and ask people to bid on it. Many folks are willing to bring pets, farm animals, etc...

I highly recommend it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by