Laying an Egg Killed My Button???

UrbanMama

Gone Country....
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
Massachusetts
This is just not my week...
hmm.png
One of my favorite button hens layed her first egg yesterday...and it killed her. Her skin tore above her vent (about the size of a quarter) and her insides were coming out. We tried cleaning her up and closing things up with Alushield (Aerosol bandage stuff...necessity to have with those silly buttons and their head injuries!) It seemed to work and then it came apart when she moved around. We had to cull her.....
sad.png
She was about 12 weeks and this is her first egg. Has anyone else ever had this happen??????

We're down to 8 buttons.. 3 girls 5 boys (1 girl seperated still w/ head injury that's doing much better)

Aw shucks.

It happens.

I know a gal (human) who was born on Mother's Day and her mother died giving birth to her that day.

She ended up having a little girl on Mother's Day and named her after the woman who gave her life who she never knew..

SEESH! That sucks so bad to hear!!! I am so sorry!!!
sad.png

Buttons skin is soooooo delicate though so its really not suprising to me that a button straining too hard being inexperienced with laying eggs that that could happen as horrible as it sounds im not really suprised sad for you though!!!!
sad.png

Thanks guys...that lone, little egg went into the bator tonight. I'm hoping it'll be due around the time my A & M's are so it can join them in the hatcher. I have 75+ button eggs that should arrive Monday or Tuesday,
fl.gif
so it wouldn't be alone long
love.gif

Quote:
Yay!..maybe you'll get a baby from her!....
smile.png
....LOL..75 more buttons....LOL...you are one craaaazy mama!...
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom