Laying down a lot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by robinef, Sep 9, 2016.

1. robinef

robinef Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2016
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Good morning! I have two (I think cockerels) who we will actually be rehoming tomorrow. Nonetheless, I still love them and want them healthy. The one who is not yet crowing (but most think it's a roo) has started laying down a lot. I noticed it must more yesterday (we live in southwest fl and it was INCREDIBLY hot yesterday) so I didn't think too much of it. But first thing this morning when I let them out of the coop, it came down the ladder but then a few minutes later just laid down again. It's not terribly warm at the moment, low 80s? We're thinking they're about 3 months old. Any input?

2. robinef

robinef Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2016
    St. Petersburg, FL
    And they always have plenty of shade (their coop and run is partially shaded by a tree and our shed) with a full water bottle before we leave for the day.

3. chickenshiha

chickenshiha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    I have a hen that always does thet when I see her, I sometimes give her sugar water and she gets up after a few hours but lays again she's healthy and perches but she acts strange these days

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by