LAYING EGGS :

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chicken Royalty, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Chicken Royalty

Chicken Royalty Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2014
    We have three 20 plus week old hens , got our first egg yesterday, we also have three 20 week plus old roosters that are all crowing , and mailing with the three 20 plus week olds hens , liks I said we got our first egg yesterday , they have been mailing for about three weeks now , we also have 28 hens THATS just turned 13 weeks old , now this may be our problem , we have them all together , plenty of room in the coop and outside they all get along just fine , my question is should I separate any of them at this point , they are eating well and have every thing a chicken could want , spoiled could be the word for it , ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.........THANKS CHICKEN ROYALITY:(

2. mamadawn

mamadawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2013
    Utah
    I'm thinking along the lines of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it..." Are you going to separate hens and Roos by breed? Mama always said " one rooster to a hen house!"

3. Jenn1973

Jenn1973 New Egg

Jul 25, 2014
    These are my first chickens ever! I have no idea what kind they are. Have had them for two weeks, I believe they are around 5 months old? Don't know what to expect, but one has been making a lot of clucking sounds and has been sitting down for my 8year old son and letting him pick her up. So excited. We are really anxious for eggs.

4. Jenn1973

Jenn1973 New Egg

Jul 25, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Chicken Royalty

Chicken Royalty Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2014
    No what I was wondering , should I separate the now 14 week old hens from my 21 week old hens , got my third egg yesterday , they just started laying this past sat , I thinking my W L H which is 14 weeks may start laying in about a month plus I have a few R I R that are also 14 weeks , my older girls are bard rock and R I R . The rocks haven't started laying yet . But all are maitingI QUESS that s WHATS got me confused......SHOULD the 14 week old R I R be maiting they are not laying ........and is it possible for these 3 eggs to fertile ? That the 21 week olds LAYED

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by