laying hen..

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bluefeather2697, Dec 27, 2011.

1. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    hi guys, how many cup/s of 16% protein layer pellets do i have to feed a single laying hen? and can i add calcium carbonate supplement (human body supplement) to them, how much 500 mg capsules to i have to give a single laying hen and how often? thanks in adv. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    Feed her as much as she will clean up daily for both items. I crushed the calcium tablets I had before giving them to the chickens. I found that the tablets I bought for me just sat in my tummy like rocks ( duh!) so switched myself to the fluid capsules.

3. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    they'reHISchickens :

Feed her as much as she will clean up daily for both items. I crushed the calcium tablets I had before giving them to the chickens. I found that the tablets I bought for me just sat in my tummy like rocks ( duh!) so switched myself to the fluid capsules.

hi, i'd like to compute how much feed they consume for 1 month. is 1 cup of layer feed okay for an hen laying egg everyday?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by