Laying hens - Delaware, Comets

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Dec 13, 2010.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Selling these hens due to need for space, and their not fitting in with the flock atmosphere. I've just got some really docile birds that don't take up for themselves, and they pick on them a bit. They would be fine with others like them (comets, sex links, RIR, etc)

First up is Lily, a delaware hen. She is 7 months old, and I raised her myself. I hate to see her go, but I think it would be in the best interest for the rest of the flock. She's never had any problems. She will run up to you in the yard and beg for treats. A VERY outgoing and curious bird.

$8.00 for her.

[​IMG]

Then I've got two Golden comet hens. I suspect one to be a year old, and one over a year. Both are GREAT layers and lay every day, only stopping for molt/extreme cold of this snowstorm. I purchased them from a "operation" guy and they have suprisingly good temperaments - both run up to your in the yard, and don't mind your presence. They've gotten upset at the new birds and are creating a disturbance. Picture is of the younger hen her first day here.

$5.00 each.

[​IMG]

2. riverman

riverman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2010
    Central Tx
    I'm VERY interested in your beauty Delaware, I livei n TX although... could you ship her??

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:I think I could, depending on what the weather does *here. I would need to wait until this freezing rain/mini ice storm is over. You would have to buy your own box, ship it here or have it delivered here, then pay for her shipping back to you. As long as she's going to a great home.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by