1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Laying hens in central NJ - many breeds.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by zoooteacher, Apr 22, 2007.

1. zoooteacher

zoooteacher Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    Hey all,

We were thrilled to receive a bunch of new RIR's from VA today, but it definitely put us over our "100 hen" limit [​IMG] We raise our hens on organic pasture and they are all happy, healthy, nice girls - we have a variety of breeds, all between one and two years old, white and brown egg layers. Most are true to breed standard and would make nice 4-H projects, but some do have one wing clipped, so you might want to have them go through a molt before showing them. Breeds include: Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, Silver Wynedotts, Rhode Island Reds, White and Red Sex Links, two cute mixed bantams, and others - take your pic. We'd like to sell 15 birds, and they are 15 dollars a piece. You can pm me here or e-mail [email protected]

Thanks, Shannon

2. GinaSki

GinaSki Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2007
    Shannon ~
    I replied under a seperate e-mail... but forgot to say... I am only looking for 5 .. will that be aproblem ?

Thanks !
    Gina

3. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    We put six sexlinks on hold for early June but after a trip to Williamsburg a couple weeks ago we'd like to pick up a pair of dominiques as well if you have two you'd like to relocate.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  4. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    ugh! why can't you be in texas. i'm looking for 10 buff orps.

5. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    It was great to meet you guys today...the girls are in their new home........

You guys are a neat couple....and I think you operation down there is really cool....

Good luck this year....I hope you have great season.....

Dennis (and family).........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by