Laying hens possibly selling some

Lacy Duckwing

Crowing
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Between 2-3 years old is average retirement for a chicken, and they are typically free after retirement. Some people might try selling them for $5 to maybe $10, but if you're looking to re-home them faster, go free. Where are you selling them? If you're looking at Craigslist, here's an article that might be able to help you: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/how-to-post-on-craigslist.76257/ Also, where are you located? If you are dealing with snow, chickens typically don't really move when it's winter, so you might not be able to sell them till spring anyways. Also, do you have any pictures of them? What breed are they? Sometimes the price will depend on the breed. If they are something like Ayem Cemani, you might be able to pull $20-$50 out of them still.

Prairie Princess

Chirping
Mar 26, 2018
It’s a friend of my daughter in law who keeps them for pets. I really am attached to my girls. My hens are Rhode Island reds. I’m only thinking about it and I have not committed to even sell them. Thank you for your info. God bless💕

Lacy Duckwing

Crowing
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Yep, happy to help. :) God bless you too 💕

Rhode Island Reds? I used to have some. They're great birds. You're lucky to have some. I have six hens: Aundria the Blue Rock, Princess the Buff Brahma, Penny the Silver-Laced Wyandotte, Maisy the Cuckoo Maran, Rocky the Golden Comet, and Jewels the Speckled Sussex. Rocky is my favorite. She's like a pet. She comes to both flock call and her name call. She loves following me around and hanging out with me. I've been trying to teach her to jump up on my lap. She's a fast learner, so she might learn it. She also loves couches. :)

Top Bottom