Laying hens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Flyman39, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Flyman39

Flyman39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    I am looking for laying hens. I do not care what breed so long as they lay a large brown, white , or green egg. I live in West Virginia on the southern tip. I will drive 300 miles in any direction to pick them up. I want hens no older than 2 yrs and currently laying. Will pay up to 10.00 per hen if they are good stock. Anyone with hens and interested in selling them either post here or PM me.

2. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
  3. Flyman39

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    Thank you Mrscountrychick and God Bless you.

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW! 300 miles! wheew, well I live in OH. If you are interested I do have some nice laying hens that are almost a year old. They are Rhode island reds and black stars. They are full breed. I bought them now I do have some of my own mixed breeds. They all lay very well. I am getting around 22-27 eggs a day! If you are interested please let me know! [​IMG]

5. Flyman39

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    Harley's Girl let me know where you are, how many you have and what you will sell them for. If you can guarantee me that they are laying and the age that you said I will probably buy them. What part of Ohio are you in and how far is it from parkersburg WV? I am interested. PM me the info and we will talk some more.

Thanks for the reply.
    Dale

6. Flyman39

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    Harley's Girl,

I found some hens pretty close so I have what I wanted for now. Thanks again for the reply.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by