Laying mash

smcginnis

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 12, 2014
It is almost that time of year again. Should I be giving my peafowl laying mash mixed in with the food. They have been eating fighting cock food with vetericyn gold mixed in.

Need more info - like your location and age of birds.
Northern or Southern hemisphere? Young birds approaching first lay season or several years old?

Need more info - like your location and age of birds.
Northern or Southern hemisphere? Young birds approaching first lay season or several years old?
One 2 year old hen, one three year old hen, one four year old cock. I live in the Philippines. Thanks.

Do not feed peafowl laying mash, it damages their kidneys and can be fatal if fed for a number of years.
Thank you. I haven't been, but a fighting cock breeder said I should, so I thought, before I do, I will ask people who are knowledgable about peafowl, and not take the advice of a fighting cock breeder. Thanks, again.

I would wait till you start getting eggs if you use it at all.
Do you have crushed oyster shell or other large particle calcium source you can provide in a separate container for the hens? That way you can continue the cock food and the male won't have to eat layer mash.

I would wait till you start getting eggs if you use it at all.
Do you have crushed oyster shell or other large particle calcium source you can provide in a separate container for the hens? That way you can continue the cock food and the male won't have to eat layer mash.
One of the hens layed her first egg for the season yesterday. They have been laying for a couple of years, but they either don't set on the eggs, or last year one of the hens set for about 3 weeks and then got off of them and abandoned the 7 eggs. Don't know why. I have had lots of eggs in the last two years, but never got any chicks.

Back
Top Bottom