Laying, or not feeling good?

anbhean

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 3, 2010
Colorado
One of my Barred Rocks, Cornelia has been hanging out in her coop this morning. She's never laid before (none of my girls have yet), and has NEVER gone in the coop until night time until this morning. So I've been taking that as a good sign she might lay in the next few days. She's 19 weeks, fully combed and wattled and been making egg song for a bit.

My only concern is, when I went out a second ago to see if she laid yet (after leaving her be in the coop for about an hour) there was a lot of semi watery poo on her step up into the coop. Looks like she was perching on the door and just poo'd on the step. My concern isn't where she poo'd (she's a chicken, she poos in her water routinely
lol.png
) but why it seemed like normal poo with a puddle of water around it. Is this normal? Or is my girl not getting ready to lay, but is instead feeling bad?

I personally have never analyzed chicken poo - I can't say its normal, but I'd bet it is.

She is about to lay - may take her a couple days but she is investigating dark quiet places to hide during the day. Sounds like good news to me!

I wouldn't worry about the poo. Mine poo all colors and textures. They ate blueberries yesterday- you should see all the blue poo I have laying around.

Sounds to me like she will lay soon.

Back
Top Bottom