Laying Pellets or Crumbs

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by cajunlizz, Aug 5, 2008.

1. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Whats the difference between laying pellets and laying crumb . Any advantage ?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Well laying pellets waste less feed, but they are better for standard breeds. The laying crumbles are better for the bantam chickens as they are easier to eat.

3. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:I have NO wasting not what so ever . I DO NOT put feed in the coop area . Feeders are only outside and what is scratched out , lands on the ground , so they enjoy the scratching and pecking their feed off the ground . LOL I also have bantams and they eat the regular laying pellets as well as the rest of the flock .

I fill Pellet containers early in the morning , also Treats in Mid afternoon and replenish the feed around 5:00 - 6:00 PM so they constantly have available food . and naturally water . I have (2) 5 gallon buckets one at each end of the run area and 2 - 2 gallon containers one inside the coop and one under the coop in the shade . Which are refilled like twice during the day , and replenished late evenings ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by