Laying pellets

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by rubenmarquez23, Jul 26, 2014.

1. rubenmarquez23

rubenmarquez23 Chirping

Jan 27, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    I have 7 month old pullets and I was wondering when can I start to feed them laying pellets?

2. hxgumdrop

hxgumdrop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    My first three hens i started feeding them layers when they had layed their first eggs but then when they hatched chicks they had chick crumbs then growers then started layers around 5 months old so they are find to start now but also fine to wait until they are laying

3. rubenmarquez23

rubenmarquez23 Chirping

Jan 27, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    Ohh okay then I'll just wait to they start laying cause right now they aren't showing any signs that they are ready to mate

4. hxgumdrop

hxgumdrop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    And they are definitely 7months? Strange they haven't started showing any signs at least my bigger breeds started at 6months where as my smaller breeds started at 4months

5. rubenmarquez23

rubenmarquez23 Chirping

Jan 27, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    Yes I bought them from a breeder when they where 6 months and I have a rooster that has been trying to mate with them but the pullets won't let themselves and they are oeg bantams

6. hxgumdrop

hxgumdrop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    So they are probably just settling into their new home they should start laying soon :)

7. rubenmarquez23

rubenmarquez23 Chirping

Jan 27, 2014
    Houston, Tx
    So far they are doing good, they aren't sacred of me, they get along with my rooster expect for the mating part haha. They are just doing great, I can't wait till they start laying I wish it would be sooner lol

8. hxgumdrop

hxgumdrop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Bristol, England
    Once one starts they all follow, you will be over run with eggs in no time I'm sure! Just be loving and patient as im sure u are being and they will reward you. :-D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: