1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

laying two eggs a day?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mike_Winters, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Mike_Winters

Mike_Winters Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    i have 17 ducks 13 females and 4 males yesterday i throw out all their eggs today there were 18 eggs

2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:One could have layed after you collected eggs, and then again at normal time. hence once later than usual, then back at normal time.
    Why do you discard your duck eggs?
    They are very good, we eat ours, and are fabulous for baking!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  3. Mike_Winters

Mike_Winters Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    i have only an acre and they built house all around me so i dont want the ducks having anymore babys because some of the new neighbors are a pain in the bum.
    i have 13 hens so if i want an egg i take in in and uses it if i dont i can just wait a day someones bound to lay an egg. lol

4. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:Ahh...I see...You could also collect them and sell them, especially if they are fertile eggs. Just a suggestion.

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Gosh, you could collect them and sell them even if they aren't fertile.
    And if you didn't want to sell them, I'm sure your neighbors would love free eggs!! Might get them to be a bit more tolerant of your flock...after all, you were there first! [​IMG]

6. cjperrault1

cjperrault1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2016
    Beaumont texas
    My mallard ducks have black/purple feathere coming in there ducklings BTW I was told they were mallards but having sec thoughts

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by