Layorca hen

fangaddict

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of this breed? It is nonwhere on the Internet. I saw this on a poster in a feed store showing breed types.

Looks like a proprietary name the hatchery is assigning their "California Whites" - a cross/mixed breed bird resulting from WL hens under California Grey roosters.

Thank you. I didn't know hatcheries did that.

It's fairly common with the hybrids - you also see it a lot with red and black sex links which get sold as red stars, golden buffs, golden comets, cinnamon queens, black stars, etc. Since they aren't actual "breeds" and their actual names aren't as fun/sexy sounding the hatcheries like to dress them up a bit (sort of like all the ridiculous names being assigned to mixed breed, "designer" dogs these days)

I agree, it looks like a Leghorn based hybrid. And the name sounds made up. Look on the poster and see what hatchery it came from.

It was at a feed store in woodville, tx. I was out there visiti g family. Next visit ill check. Yet another great excuse to gonto the feed store!!!!i cant pass up a tractor supply either!!!

Back
Top Bottom