1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Lazy Sunday

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pdxblossom, Jul 25, 2010.

1. pdxblossom

pdxblossom In the Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Should be mowin the lawn but, taking a page from the cat's book, will be laying in the grass and watching the chickens instead . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

great pix. That cat looks worried. [​IMG]

Imp

3. pdxblossom

Jul 11, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    She gets grumpy when the chickens wake her from her naps . . . and sometimes she is afraid of the little Cockerel. He'll run up to her and she'll run the other way. Not a whole lot of natural cat like instincts. [​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Love the pictures! I agree .... forget about mowing and just enjoy the day! [​IMG]

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Nice Pics! [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:X2

7. My big black neutered tom cat - Mr. Sam I Am (Sam for short [​IMG] ) is this all mighty hunter of birds, mice, rats, lizards, etc - and isn't phased by dogs, kids, etc etc...but he is terrified of the silkies cause the rooster Sampson (also black in color you'd think they'd see their similarities and have a truce) chases him off when he is on the 'silkie territory' - i have 4 - 10 day old baby silkies and Sam wants them so bad - but between Sampson and Snowball (mama) - he doesn't stand a chance and flies off as soon as Sampson appears *snickers*

lovely pictures - pretty cat and birds. can't beat a lazy sunday!

8. I'm afraid that if a chicken dared to set foot inside my house, he'd be pounced upon by my pride of cats, all 11 of them (and 5 of them black!).

9. pdxblossom

Jul 11, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Bean isn't much of a cat. We have a blue bird that hangs out in the back yard regularly. When it sees the cat, it will start making noise and then fly down on to the ground to forage. After about 20 minutes the cat will think "oh, I better chase the birdie" and get up. Real slow, not like she's hunting but like she is just so lazy and couldn't be bothered. Then she'll sort of jog about four feet and the bird will take off at the very last second. Then the cat will lay down to nap and the process starts over. The chicks were in the laundry room in a see through brooder. She walked by them for days before even noticing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by