Lazy Wing?

SkyStorm

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
I noticed this a couple of days ago but I never really saw it before. All of my chicks like to jump up to the top of our porch chair and relax in the shade and stuff. My Laker can't jump that high. She is 2 weeks old, like the rest. She is mainly alone, she never goes and forages with the rest of my flock. She follows me EVERYWHERE and tries to get inside when I got inside. When she lays down, her right wing just kind of slumps to the ground, her other one stays up. She can't jump/fly as high, her wing slumps. Does she have a lazy wing? I am almost positive it not broken. It doesn't seem to hurt her and I have examined it, nothing seems wrong with it like out of the ordinary. When I touch it she shows no signs that it hurts her. I don't really know what to call it so I just say Lazy wing. Um, what do you guys think?

Could just be a genetic defect .. i would guess if she is eating, drinking, pooping good then she is healthy.. POssibly could have been broken as a chick as well and didnt heal properly.. Just guessing

Back
Top Bottom