lead hen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bravevline, Dec 29, 2013.

1. bravevline

bravevline Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    i have a REALLY mean hen. she has the cross eyes that make them look mean and a very VERY deep voice! she used to throw fits and attack when people even looked at her! i became fascinated with her and took her to a secret location and started giving her extra food and even hand feeding, and she has started loving me (but ONLY me)!!! she has whipped all the roos in the flock and claimed the title of top bird (unless the geese whip her)! when i talk to her, she doesnt give back a friendly cluck. she uses fierce vocalisations and growls, like shes holding a grudge and trying to hook me up to beat some other bird (which she probably is)! she really amuses me and i love her to death!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Is there any possibility that she is possessed. Sounds as if you need an exorcist.

1 person likes this.
  3. bravevline

bravevline Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    is that a joke or are you being serious? i dont think shes possessed; she really holds up to the responsibility shes brought upon herself as top dog. shes just super type a :)

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Wow she sounds large and in charge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by