LEAF WARS!!! (If you have feuds w/ neighbors over leaves, etc)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicks R Friends NOT Food, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I finally had enough today! We (my mom and I) have lived here roughly seven years, and we've been having problems with our neighbors on each side. They both like to use they're fancy little leaf blowers. One is not so bad, and only uses his everyone in a while. The other is terrible and uses it daily, usually early in the morning. I shall refer to him as Leaf Man. Leaf man likes to get up and either mow or leaf-blow his yard. Not so bad except he likes to put his leaves in my yard. and everymorning/afternoon we get the nice Wrrrrr W W Wrrrrr from the leafblower (if you've heard one you know it) and it lasts for hours. This morning I was trying to eat outside in peace- it was a nice morning. What do I hear? Leaf Man!!!! So I started raking up the leaves and made a nice fire. super smokey since a lot were wet. The wind was kind enough to blow it in his direction. I hope he enjoyed it. If anyone else would like to share experiences so I don't feel as nuts freaking out over it. Please do!

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Sounds like my Nebraska neighbor. I hated him and I try really hard to like everyone. He got up early in the morning all summer to mow. He teased my dog to make her bark and then called the police if she let out one bark complaining over a barking dog. He killed every snake he could find and threw them over the fence into our yard. He was just awful. He really made me mad killing all the snakes. The snakes helped with the chipmunk pop. and were not venemous ones. He cut a limb down that had a bird nest with eggs in it because it hung .1 cm into his yard. Oh how I hated him. I was so glad to move away from there. Plus they had a pool in the backyard and let their grandkids come over and scream really really loud all summer long. I should have called the police on him for the noise.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Our neighbor is one of those that's outside every day playing with lawn equipment or power tools. He's often loud, but he's a really nice guy. His lawn is very neat and well maintained and he works for Glad and gives me baggies and trash bags every Christmas. [​IMG]

I, on the other hand, have 3 very noisy kids and a bunch of roosters, so I can't really complain about his noise. He's probably really frustrated with us - we never get our leaves up in a reasonable time (still leaves in our front beds - rest blew away I guess [​IMG] ) and we only mow when we can't put it off anymore.

So of the 2 - I think we're the worst of us!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I hear ya!!!

My neighbor loves to MOW every two freaking days! His yard is like a golf course! My hubby works night shift and he has to listen to it while trying to go to sleep. He is a neak freak and had to make waves against the other neighbors if they got a piece of trash in their front yard, he would call up the city official and report it. He made a big stink over my compost pile last year and it was the swimming pool area that the grass rotted under it when we drained the pool and sold it. So I put down lime after the city guy came out and he rolled his eyes at the complaint and said nice chickens! The city guy said he is a big complainer and last year he took our other neighbor across the street to court for his house being an eyesore and habitat unfit to live in. Well, the man and his mother was on disability and they can not do much else. They went broke trying to fix up the house and cleaned out the property the best they could.

I had my sweet revenge against him, he had a habit of throwing his weeds and pieces of dead roses, thorns and all over my side which I do not have roses and neither the other neighbors except him. DD had to step in those barefooted and I got mad, picked up the thorn pieces and threw them on his lilac bush and on top of his garage which he never saw them, they are still up there LOL! One time he flipped a dead rabbit over my side and I threw the rabbit right up on top of his other shed. I haven't seen it since then.

A few times he would complain to me to keep the yard mowed more often which we do it twice a month to save a bit of gas and time to get it done in a reasonable manner which we do NOT let the grass grow more than four inches tall. He wants it done every week. Sorry, we are not looking to make money off from our golf course!

He was also complaining about the black guy behind me, sweet old man, who loves to sit in his backporch and watch my chickens go about their thing. My neighbor didnt like the fact that he was black and got rabbits. I said so what, big deal! Then he went off and muttered like the neighborhood is going for the dumps. Well guess what he is not going to live too much longer because he is already not in the greatest health and has been sick more often.

So there, my dear, you are not alone! I am glad my 'other' neighbors are good and they dont bother us and we dont bother them.

5. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I don't mow or rake leaves or shovel.

I play with animals!!!

Nature takes care of the rest.

6. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

My dad lives in Tacoma, and the houses are pretty close together. One house about four down from him has a huge gorgeous tree... Maybe a willow? And oh boy, when it drops its leaves guess where they end up? The people that have the tree never rake the leaves, so they just blow away. It doesn't bother me, but I think my dad's going to have a heart attack over it.

Oh, and if you ever EVER see a neighbor putting in bamboo, talk to them about it. What kind is it? Is the in invasive kind, have they taken measures to prevent it from spreading, possibly into underground plumbing, etc? My back door neighbors have some which is pretty but INVASIVE. It goes under the fence and comes up in our yard. Ha, we're selling the house, so we're not going to deal with it! Take a look.

[​IMG]

Oh, by the way, I think that's their living room that you can see from this pic which was taken from my bedroom. So when they let their dogs out in the middle of the night, guess what I hear?

7. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:You can fix that by "accidentally" spraying the shoots that come up on your side with roundup. That should fix the problem. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  8. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    The neighbors at our old house were ALWAYS letting the teenage delinquents have parties and we wound up with tons of trash (underage drinking anyone?) in our yard/driveway. One day I picked it all up, scooped my dogs' "presents" into the same trash bag, added the leftovers originally intended for the compost heap, and left the whole bag (complete with a few strategic pinholes) on their front doorstep. Ooops... the whole "family" was gone for 3 days. Well, we'll just say we didn't have any more trash on our side of the 6' "privacy" fence. (I'm not evil, I just don't take "trash" from ANYONE!)

9. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

EweSheep, that story about your golf coarse neighbor made me LOL! You made my night! The rose thorns on his liliacs, and the dead rabbit on top of his shed, I'm still laughing!! [​IMG] [​IMG]. I do feel sorry for the poor black gentleman behind you. Some people have no respect for anyone, and he certainly sounds like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by