Leafie, Hen in the Wild

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by punk-a-doodle, Dec 21, 2012.

1. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Anyone seen it? One of the anime sites has it up with subs. Absolutely gorgeous backgrounds and colors. I loved how they captured the poor feather quality, bare patches, and pale sagging combs of industry farmed chickens, then had the main character slowly get in good feathers, a bright upright comb, and no bare patches. No one I spoke to caught that. Apparently my efforts to impart utter chicken geekiness upon them have been mightily thwarted.

The original ending was left intact. It was very....not western. I'll leave it at that. X) I watched it with my roomie who is a big Kung fu movie fan. I like old samurai movies. We were both blown away by the first duck. A duck just shouldn't be that awesome.

2. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    I might just have to look that one up. Wonder if it is on any of the big video streaming sites.

3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    It might be, but I know on YouTube at least, it did not have a dubbed or subbed version up. I really recommend the stunning animation over the actual story (it has some lessons in it I definitely wouldn't want to teach any kids I had, for one). :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by