Leakage

goldeneggfarm1

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2016
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No, catalogs in 1970

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 300

(3) What breeds do you have? Mostly Silkies, Some Australorps, Cornish

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? email, show?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? chickens, gardening and quilting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Dog named FREEDA, who catches rats and rabbits.
Farmer, Artist

Here's a quick link to where to post your new thread with your intro info:

Last edited:
Hi I'm Kate - I raise chickens and have for about 50 years now. New breeders keep asking me about leakage and I would like a scientific definition of this term. I refer to gold or silver in the hackle as just that. What leaks are we referring to? genetic? Who invented this term? I can find this term referred to in poultry processing problems but no official definition. I can't use a term that is not clear to me.

Hi I'm Kate - I raise chickens and have for about 50 years now. New breeders keep asking me about leakage and I would like a scientific definition of this term. I refer to gold or silver in the hackle as just that. What leaks are we referring to? genetic? Who invented this term? I can find this term referred to in poultry processing problems but no official definition. I can't use a term that is not clear to me.
Color leakage.

Back
Top Bottom