1. littlefork

littlefork Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    My small garden shed (that I have my eye on for my second coop, but don't tell DH) is leaking and we can't figure out where it is coming in. The roof is a peaked roof and the leak is near the edge about 6 inches up, between the 2nd and 3rd rafter. We bought a gallon of Stop leak for roofs last weekend and DH coated the roof from the peak to the edge about 4 feet wide, (messy, smelly job and he coated it real well) then we put drip edge along the entire end but it rained last night and it is still leaking. If we don't get it fixed soon the shed is going to be ruined. The siding on that corner is already rotten out and will have to be replaced which we can do, but we are not able to climb up and replace the whole roof. And we can't afford to hire someone to fix it. Any ideas how to figure out where its coming in?

2. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    The actual leak may not be right where you see the water or damage. Inspect the roof above where you see the leak. Look for cracked shingles and exposed nail heads. That's about all I can think of, good luck.

3. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Can u shine a light at night along the seam while the other one looks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by