Leaking waterer nipples

iwjack6

Chirping
Apr 25, 2020
I just made an awesome watering setup attaching nipples to a PVC pipe and a 5 gallon bucket on the other end. The problem I’m having is it is leaking out the actual nipple. Is it a quality issue? Is there anything I can do?
B054EE71-E0D0-40AE-9550-273FC47AF70E.jpeg

I had them pointing downwards and the same problem. I can easily fix that part. Anymore ideas? 🤞
I wouldn’t worry about a slight drip from VN. It could be anything really, quality issue with the nipple itself, being newly made it could have picked up a small piece of junk that prevents it from sealing. I would never use a VN setup for the interior of a coop long term just for the very reason of dripping.

I wouldn’t worry about a slight drip from VN. It could be anything really, quality issue with the nipple itself, being newly made it could have picked up a small piece of junk that prevents it from sealing. I would never use a VN setup for the interior of a coop long term just for the very reason of dripping.

What is a VN?

I didn’t even think about the indoor issue - I’ll remember that! Thankfully these are outdoors. Maybe I just need to plant something under them 😂

Follow up! A little (or a lot 😂) of JB Weld around the base of the nipples cured the issue. The problem was caused by attaching to the round edge of a PVC pipe, so the rubber gasket was not enough to seal it up. The setup now works beautifully - low waste and clean water.

57A4D430-5B85-4C02-9E01-55DACCE4BA70.jpeg

049348FC-DC4C-4ABF-9450-073AD5847D90.jpeg

BB41ADF3-C43C-43E5-9610-ED461772B18E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom