Lean to Coop

not sure but how would the wind and rain stay out in a bad storm? I even wonder this about people who use reg. dog houses. I love my chicken tractors with attached hutches that my Hubby built for dirt dirt cheap! I also got a sweet deal on craigslist for a real chicken barn. Don't know where your from but South Jersey craigslist has a sweet deal for anyone starting out ...the guy that builds them is so nice! He's raised ALOT (like hundreds of chickens) so he has some experience with what works. Blessings,Keri

what i was going to do was lean it againt my big coop to save on wood. maybe 4x6 leaning off one side. just wondering if anyone had something like that. I checked craigslist and everybody wants like 500 up to 1000 for some small coops.

Ive seen pictures of some lean to's...but they were alittle deep so that the flock could get back into it from the elements....I cant recall where I saw the pictures though....wonderif theres any on my post thats called:

coop designs/plans...something like that Im just working on it...its on byc....FOUND IT, TRY HERE...MAYBE???

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=285702

Last edited:
Quote:
Hmm, I'm thinking that what you're talking about is building three walls and a roof and using one wall of the existing coop. I don't see why that wouldn't work great. If you don't tie the lean-to roof into the existing coop's roof be sure and put some flashing between the existing coop wall and the lean-to roof to help keep it dry.

Best wishes,
Ed

Back
Top Bottom