Leann's "Adopt Me" Bargain- breed guesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by blackshawdog, Mar 14, 2015.

1. blackshawdog

blackshawdog Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2013
    Tulsa
    Hi all! I've purchased this assortment (grab bag) from Meyer Hatchery this last Monday (3-9-15) and have been trying to figure out what breeds I've received! I have purchased a Lavender Orpington (the easiest to identify) and a Welsummer (I might have a guess?) I would like to know if we managed to get some rare birds/good laying birds! Can you please help me identify some of these chicks!

Thanks! :thumbsup

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    NICE assortment. Hope I helped some lol hard to ID at this age.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with 21hens-incharge's guesses.

4. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    Can you post pics of your flock and a breed list once you figure it out?? I considered getting this one but went with one from Murray. Their all puller assortment was incredible but I'm still contemplating this one...

5. janiebug53

janiebug53 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2015
    I ordered some of those adopt me chicks from Meyers and I had no clue what they were when I got them. two were small (one didnt make it ) but I waited for them to grow up to find out. In the end, I ended up with this roo, and he,s a beautiful partridge pendesenca, another little yellow chickie, changed feathers and turned out to be a splash maran hen, the little bantam that survived turned out to be a buff brahma bantum hen. also another roo which is all splashes of colors on white and a shaggyhead which my guess is hes a polish standard. the last chick had yellow legs, like the gold lace wings i had ordered, so I thought it was just another one of those, but the feathering changed on her too, and she actually ended up being a barnvelder. She lays such pretty eggs this year, then she went broody on me. she stopped laying, and was sitting on the other chickens eggs so we put her by herself with some eggs to hatch. I ordered some gold lace wyandottes and one light brahma standard hen and four easter egger hens and used the adopt me offer to fill the min requirment, but I woulld do this again just for the fun of it if i needed more birds, which I don't...btw...what color eggs do easter egger/pendseneca pullets lay? Anyone have that mix?

6. blackshawdog

blackshawdog Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2013
    Tulsa

Here are some updated pictures. The chicks are 2 weeks old and getting to their ugly phase! My Lavender Orpington died, which makes me really upset. A $20 chick that just died. Meyer said they would refund me. Also one of the four smaller chicks died. It just did not grow at all, failure to thrive I guess.

I know I have a Barred Rock rooster, a Welsummer girl (I ordered specifically) and boy (pretty sure, lighter markings than my girl, a Black Australorp (pretty sure), 2 easter eggers, 3 Egyptian Fayoumis, and not sure about the rest!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by