Leap Day Hatch - Anyone wanna join me? setting Febuary 08, 2012

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellyn, Feb 2, 2012.

1. kellyn

kellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2011
    bunnell, Florida
    Hello! On Wednesday February the 8th I'm setting 12-18 eggs for a class project. We'll be monitoring the incubation by taking pictures and maybe even videos of the candling and hatchng process~! This forum would be great for beginners and experienced alike, I think. I've been planning this for like a month!

I'll be setting eggs from dark Wellsummer, white Leghorn and Rhode Island Red brown eggs to the lovely green and blue eggs of Easter Eggers.

Maaaybe I could get a hold of a web cam, and record the hatching like so may other BYCers are doing!

I have set about a dozen eggs in my large incubor at home, as well as several dozen test button quail eggs.

I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow while at school.

P.s! I will be posting at least one picture weekly and maybe if I can find out how to post them from a phone, you tube videos as well.

Soooo, does anyone wanna join me? This will defntely be done by the Easter hatch, if anyone wants to hatch in between then. I just finished my Ground Hog's Day hatch today; started with 32 chicken eggs, tossed 10 duds, and had 12 hatch! Not, that anyone cares.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. kellyn

kellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2011
    bunnell, Florida
    Setting 18 eggs for sure.

3. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Oh my goodness! I hadn't even thought about it! I have eggs in the incubator right now that are due on Saturday. I wish I could. That would be so cool. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by