1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Learning Zoning restrictions for Florence Alabama

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by rrlgonzalez, Feb 5, 2015.

1. rrlgonzalez

rrlgonzalez New Egg

Feb 5, 2015
    Hello all!
    My husband and I are learning more each day about chickens and are hoping to start raising some of our own this spring (2015). They would be for our own personal enjoyment/use; not for business purposes.

We live pretty far out in the country (between St. Florian and Greenhilll/Killen area (but still in Florence). We do also have neighbors around however they are spread out a bit. Each lot is about an acre of land or
    More. So it's like country suburbs you might say.

However, we do have a cow pasteur across the street from us and folks down the road with rabbits, llama, horses, etc...

How can we find out if it is permitted to have chickens in our area? Are there zoning laws for this type of thing in Lauderdale County?

I appreciate any advice you can offer!

Sincerely,

Rebecca

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

3. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by