Learycow!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by veronicasmom, Apr 15, 2012.

1. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    Saw the article in the Courier yesterday. Very nice. Those babies are adorable. When in Arundel are you moving to? No, wait, don't tell me. I DO NOT NEED DUCKLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. veronicasmom

Aug 31, 2009
    LOL. Leaving the house today with hubby (he had also seen the article on Al's Quackery) and he says that maybe we should take a ride over there to "look at the ducks she has". SERIOUSLY????????????? Are you insane? You are going to take me to a place with ducklings and expect me to just go window shop?????? Have you met me yet? We have 21 pets and an aquarium. Sheesh. Needless to say that ended that idea!

4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    This would make a great comic strip. lol

5. veronicasmom

Aug 31, 2009
    LOL. He just cannot say no to me. Fortunately for him, I realize we are at our max with pets. And, if we EVER want to travel anywhere together again, we need to stop getting them (ok, ducks don't count here, referring more to things like horses and goats!). But then he comes up with something like this! Is he testing me! HA! Doubt it, but if that was what it was, it could have backfired on him very easily.
    Gonna call his bluff if he does it again.

6. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    I am set to pick up 2 WH & a Cayuga from Al's Quackery in the next week or so! YAY!
    My Buff duck came from there & is sweet, healthy & a great layer.
    Not sure which of my gals it is, but one of them is laying 2 eggs a day!

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    All I can say is I'm glad Al's Quackery is far from me. [​IMG]

8. m.kitchengirl

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    Quote: Yeah, I am in trouble. She is so close, her farm is lovely, and the man of the house is away until October/Nov. I should be the one [​IMG].

9. veronicasmom

Aug 31, 2009
    I MUST STOP READING THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!! I need to be strong. No more ducks for now. 8 is enough! It really is..........but 10 sounds even better..............hmmmmmmm. And it only takes me 20 minutes to get there, I go past every time I go get my hair or nails done. Right on the way................................And I have a hair appointment tomorrow. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. m.kitchengirl

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    See, that is where the trouble starts.
    I said, taking care of three ducks, or six ducks. It is really the same amount of work, and twice the eggs.
    Wait, that is not helping.

Helpful... ducks are not good for nice hair-dos or mani/pedis. They are counter productive in that regard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by