Least aggressive breeds

It would help if you would define what you mean as aggressive, but I'm going to assume you mean towards humans. Roosters, of any breed, can be aggressive, but that's not true of all roosters. I know of no breeds of pullets/hens that are aggressive towards humans. (Doesn't mean there aren't any. I just don't know of any.) Some breeds are more friendly/docile than others, but that's not lack of aggression, either. Hens, defending what they perceive as a threat to their babies, may seem aggressive, but that's not aggression, that's just a momma protecting her chicks. Chickens being aggressive to other chickens is a whole 'nother story.

I was meaning towards one another, I currently have 6 leghorns, 4 barred Rocks and 2 golden comets. The leghorns seem to always be pecking the others. I’ve never seen the barred rocks or the comets do that. I am debating giving the entire flock to my father in law and getting another type that aren’t aggressive towards each other.

Very true. I adore my silkies, definitely very docile little chickens. Although I’ve had experience with a few roosters of this breed that were very aggressive.
I'm not concerned about aggressive Roosters because they don't last long around here. Either they behave or another one will take his place. :frow So far my Rooster/Cockerel is well behaved. Only time will tell..My Hens get along fantastic.

I'm not concerned about aggressive Roosters because they don't last long around here. Either they behave or another one will take his place. :frow So far my Rooster/Cockerel is well behaved. Only time will tell..My Hens get along fantastic.
My white is a show quality bird, so sometimes I have to put her big fluffy crest into a hair tie so she can see. :lol: It’s so funny to watch her tooling around with my two other hens. I’d love to find a show quality white rooster to breed with her, but no luck.

Back
Top Bottom