Least Favorite chicken breed??

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
What is your least favorite chicken breed and why?

Either because they are mean, hard to care for, bratty? Anything.

Last edited:
That'd be a toss-up between Turkens and Silkies. I detest the odd fluff on a Silkie and I dont like their faces or combs. Maybe I've seen too many hatchery versions, LOL. Turkens just look ugly and diseased to me, is all. Sorry, Jordan!
roll.png

There's been a couple other posts on least favorite breeds.
Mine is Standard White Leghorns because all the ones we've ever had were just spazz, but last week I broke down and purchased Bantam White Leghorns and they are great!

I don't really care for anything with a spout of feathers on its head /: Silkies I don't mind, though. I like my chickens round and cute, personally :)

I don't like sexlinks. Mine were dumb like turkeys and drowned in the chick water. All the roos (8) and 1 hen survived. We ate the roos and the hen attacks everything. She killed one of my ducklings and I'm not forgiving her.
sad.png

Easter Eggers....the three that I have known have mean personalities...even the other chickens don't like them!

Turkens....very sad, whoever did that to them. Ugliest animals I've ever seen...well, except the naked mole rat!

Back
Top Bottom