Leave chicken eggs in longer then 25 days, can I?

Bock_Bock

Songster
11 Years
Dec 13, 2008
Hayward, Ca
well today is day 23 so i only have 2 more days left till im suppose to take the eggs out but i have 3 duck eggs in there will it hurt to leave the chicken eggs in till the ducks are hatched?

to add the duck eggs are suppose to hatch on sunday that is 28 days for them they were set the same time as my chicken eggs

Last edited:
Quote:
You might want to remove the chicken eggs tomorrow. There is a very slight risk that one or more is bad, and if it cracks it could contaminate the hatch.

It's not a good idea to try to incubate chicken and duck eggs together, They each require quite different conditions.

Good luck

Thats a good ? mine are 23 days now they were due on sunday and they are still hatching i had 2 hatch today 1 started yestday and came out today, and 1 just pipped today and hatched today. im hopeing that more do that tonight.
jumpy.gif

thats what is happening here i am still having chicks hatch so i am afraid to take the ggs out but we will see i still have 2 days till the 25 day so we will see

Quote:
The 25 day thing is just a guideline, not a rule.

a few days more will rarely make a difference

Yep im gonna leave mine a few days longer, becouse i did that about 2 weeks ago, i was taking out the eggs that i thought were in too long, but what i do is crack the eggs open just to see if they were gonna be, and one was breathing it was going to hatch late but i put it back the inc, but i think i killed it.

ok cuz i dont want to take a egg out if it has potential to live so i am going to keep it in and i will return to this thread to let you guys know if it hurt me or helped me but i promise i will return, you guys can still leave your opinions i would love to know what the longest was you guys kept an egg in the bator for

Back
Top Bottom