leave the feet alone!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by coltsrox, May 1, 2008.

1. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    hey my 7week year old rooster( i assume) is pecking at his own feet,and just today i noticed he had blood on his feet. also he is having a movment but it comes out normal looking poo but with white water, not like his normal diaherra.whats wrong?

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  2. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    come on people i need ur help..........

3. petlove

petlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Skiatook, OK
    He might have mites. [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I don't know what to say, try putting a little vick or something smelly on his feet? The pooh I have no idea.
    What about that stuff they use to keep kids from biting their fingernails? It's non-toxic.

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yeah, sounds like he may have some parasites of some sort. So how old is he? 7 weeks or a year? And what is "normal" diarrhea?

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Check his feet for scaley mites...these mites look like whitish or yellowish flakey scales...

I would dust him, his brooder area and everything with a mite powder.

7. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    mites??!!!!!!!oh no! he is 7 weeks old and he has been living in my bedroom with his pullet. will she be infected? i do have that stuff that used to stop kids from biting their fingernails, but thats not poinsouns?(urgh can't spell!) is my bedroom infected? how did he get it?!!!!! where can i get mite powder? does my pullet need to be dusted in it too? the only time he went outside was when i took him outside with the pullet for 45minnutes..could it be from outside? should they be moved out of my room?
    his normal diaherra is just brown and runy.and he doens't have it consistently.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  8. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    people i need more anwsers i'm going frantic i just moved them outside and its heart breaking them not being in my roomm keeping me up!!!!

9. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Chicken mites don't effect people. For leg mites, to tell his scales on his legs and feet would be lifted. You can use Vaseline and rub it on their legs to kill the mites.

Dust the area where they are staying, but I don't know how safe it is to have DE or Sevin Dust all over your bedroom. [​IMG] Anyway 7 weeks is old is old enough for him to be out in a coop, they no longer need heat and need to get out and get some fresh air.

10. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    whats vaseline?like mite powder? do i put that thumb sucking stuff on him? i just wanted him to be in my room though cause i want to hear him and be with him until he was like 12weeks cause for me there is once in a lifetime thing. can i move him back in??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by